Friday, June 21, 2013

Tune out week

This week we have been invited to tune out. Eliminating all non essential electronics like tv, facebook and video games. Paul and I have been playing rummikub and battleships. I've done some knitting and prepared my lesson for Sunday. Done some indexing and 'thought' about practising the piano. It hasn't made that much difference to me really. It's all things I do anyway just with the telly on too! Facebook however, that is an addiction of mine. I removed the app from my phone to try and lessen the itchy thumb that likes to automatically check what my friends are up to all over the world. I have missed it a few times over the past 6 days but it's peaceful without it! I'm not going to delete it completely as it's my main mode of contact with the majority of my family but I think I have learnt to cut back the use, again! Every now and then, usually to the detriment of my relationships with my children, I realise it's taking over. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to do it. Lets see how I go tonight with hubby at work!

No comments: